Saturday, June 11, 2011

Aunt Emmie

Yesterday they put Emmie in a hospice center.  I went to see her yesterday and was happy to see that it was very clean, everyone I met was totally nice & helpful, and Emmie was comfortable.  She looks pale and weak but she is still happy to have an animated conversation.  She told me, "It's so peaceful here."  I know what she means.  She could stay in bed at home and be taken care of but she could still see the laundry that needed doing/putting away, the dirty dishes, piles that needed dealing with, etc. and she had a lifetime of knowing that was her job so it was frustrating.  Now her room is clean and restful, the bed is comfortable, she has a pretty plant, and anyone can visit any time.  I'm so glad she can rest.  The doctor told her she had between a week and a month.  Bryce, Josie, and I went to see her Wednesday and Bryce and I are going back this afternoon.  I don't know if she has a phone # there but I'll check today.


Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment